Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Productivity, Part 2

I want to get going with Thing 8, but I'm waiting for it to not be raining when I get home so I can take some video of my backyard.  (The house is still new-to-me, so it's all very exciting.)  I've been reading through other people's Thing 7's in the meantime, and so many people love Evernote that I decided to give it a whirl.

Well, I set it up this morning, and I've done squat with it, but I have a feeling (especially since my Outlook at home has a weird crash-bug that sometimes eats my notes in it) that it's got quite a bit of potential.

What I did learn from trying Evernote out was how to install the app on my Windows Mobile-based phone.  (It was surprisingly painless, other than having to use a micro-SD/USB adapter to get the file onto my phone in the first place.)


I subsequently learned that there is a fairly widespread error where a Windows Mobile phone can't connect to the Evernote service due to some security certificate error.  The error has been cropping up off and on for at least three years, judging by the search results in Google.

So for now, no Evernote on my phone for me (since I can't seem to log in to their website via my phone, either).  On the other hand, my phone is two years old, and Microsoft has moved on to a whole new phone operating system.  Maybe it's time to see if I'm eligible for some kind of upgrade...

No comments:

Post a Comment